TERMS & CONDITIONS
Solesbury Pty Ltd trading as Jo Mercer ABN 37 078 937 710.
Please treat Jo Mercer Gift Cards as cash. They cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Jo Mercer Gift Cards, once activated, may only be used for purchases in Jo Mercer stores. They cannot be used to purchase product online. Jo Mercer Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash. The funds available will be verified on request or at the time of purchase at any Jo Mercer register. No change is given and any balance that remains on the Jo Mercer Gift Card can only be used in whole or part against future purchases in Jo Mercer stores. Where the price of the goods being purchased with the Jo Mercer Gift Card exceeds the card balance, you must pay the amount exceeding the card balance by an alternative payment method.
Jo Mercer Gift Cards expire 24 months after purchase. Any balance that remains on the Jo Mercer Gift Card after expiry will not be available for use.
Once your Jo Mercer Gift Card has reached a nil balance it cannot be re-activated.
Amounts on the Jo Mercer Gift Card range from $50 minimum to $1000 maximum.
Jo Mercer Gift Cards are not for promotional use. They may be used as personal or business gifts, but may not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising or other promotional activities. They cannot be purchased using a promotional offer, i.e. using a $20 voucher as part payment.
Deposit must be a minimum of $20 or 20% of the purchase price - whichever is greater
Lay-by period 4 weeks
Weekly payments are required
Lay-by will be returned to stock if final payment is not received by the due date and a cancellation fee of $20 will be retained by Jo Mercer
No refund or exchange will be given unless legally entitled
It is the responsibility of the customer to advise the store of any change of address or contact details
Title to all lay-by goods is retained by Jo Mercer until payment is made in full.
Offers and Promotions
50% Off Second Pair Promotion
- Not in conjunction with any other offer
Excludes gift cards,existing laybys and no further discount items.
Discount applied at the checkout to lowest value item.
Jo Mercer resevres the right to end this promotion at any time.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Jo Mercer 'Win 2 x $500 Shopping Sprees’ Competition
WINNERS: J. Mayall & R. Hemmes
- 1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into this competition is deemed to be acceptance of conditions. Solesbury Pty Ltd trading as Jo Mercer ABN 37 078 937 710, 92A Toorak Road, South Yarra, 3141, Melbourne, VIC is the Promoter (“Promoter”).
- 2. The REFERRAL Contest ("Contest") is open to legal residents of Australia, who have reached 18 years of age as of the beginning of the Contest Period, and who are not an employee of or domiciled with an employee of the Promoter or its affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies. No purchase is necessary but the entrant must agree to opt in to receive email promotions from Jo Mercer and only one entry is valid and permitted per entrant. The Contest is subject in all instances to compliance with applicable law.
- 3. The Contest Period runs from Wednesday 4th November, 2015 at 10.00am AEDT to Friday 13th November, 2015 at 11.59pm AEDT ("Contest Closing Date").
- 4. Entrants who receive a Jo Mercer email invitation are herein referred to as the ‘Initial Entrant’. Entrants who are invited by the Initial Entrant are herein referred to as the ‘Invited Friend’. To earn one (1) entry in the Contest, the Initial Entrant and the Invited Friend (collectively referred to as a ‘Team’) must submit their respective form as instructed, for the Team to earn one (1) entry.
- 5. The Initial Entrant, having received the Jo Mercer email invitation, must ensure he/she complete all mandatory fields of the entry form, and submit as instructed before the Contest Closing Date. Upon successful submission of the entry form, he/she will receive a unique link that must be sent to the friend being invited to the Team.
- 6. The Invited Friend, having received the invitation to the Team, must ensure he/she fully complete all mandatory fields of the entry form and by doing so they agree to opt in to receive email promotions from Jo Mercer. They must submit as instructed before the Contest Closing Date. Upon successful submission of the entry form and having teamed up with the Initial Entrant, he/she will receive a unique link giving them the opportunity to become the Initial Entrant by sending a friend an invitation to join a new Team.
- 7. Jo Mercer is committed to compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- 8. The Initial Entrant and his/her Invited Friend will only be allowed to team up once. Any attempt or suspected attempt to team up more than once with the same person by using multiple email addresses or pen names, or any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or any entry methods not authorized by these rules, shall be deemed as tampering and will void all Entries. All Entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, contain an erroneous phone and/or email address or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the Promoter.
- 9. Following the conclusion of the Contest, Jo Mercer will select at random one Team entry as the winner. The draw will take place at the offices of Jo Mercer, 92A Toorak Road, South Yarra, 3141, Melbourne, VIC, on Monday 16th November, 2015 at 10:00am AEDT. The Initial Entrant and the Invited Friend will be notified by email (to the email address registered with the Promoter) on the same date. The winner(s) must claim their prize by responding via email or phone by Tuesday 16th February, 2016.
- 10. The Promoter will publish the results and the winning names on the Jo Mercer website on Tuesday 17th November, 2015 at 12:00pm AEDT.
- 11. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 12. In the event of the prize being unclaimed by Tuesday 16th February, 2016, further draw/s will take place to determine replacement winners. The draw will take place at the offices of Jo Mercer, 92A Toorak Road, South Yarra, 3141, Melbourne, VIC on Wednesday 17th February, 2016 at 1pm AEDT. The replacement winners will be notified by email on the same day. The replacement winners must claim their prize by responding via email or phone by Thursday 18th March, 2016.
- 13. There are two $500 Jo Mercer gift cards as prizes. Each prize will be one $500 Jo Mercer gift card each with a one year validity. The gift cards will expire on 13th November 2016. The prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or otherwise redeemable for cash. The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Upon acceptance of the prize, the prize winners agree to provide reasonable cooperation to allow Jo Mercer to use their name and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with this Contest including but not limited to publication of their name and photograph on the Jo Mercer website.
- 14. Total prize pool value is $1000 AUD.
- 15. This Contest may be promoted through third party websites, like Facebook. Entrants must at all times comply with the terms of service for those third party websites when using them to participate in this Contest. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, those third party websites.
- 16. Members of the Promoter who provide incorrect or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to request at its sole discretion, appropriate photo identification or other documentation in order to confirm the members’ eligibility to enter and claim a prize, before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter or its nominated agent, or the identity of the member has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction, then that member will be deemed invalid.
- 17. Any costs associated with accessing the promotional website are the entrant’s responsibility and are dependent on the Internet service provider used. Any contact details entered incorrectly on the website shall be deemed invalid.
- 18. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures, including but not limited to any injury or damage to participants’ or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this competition. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, postpone, or amend this competition.
- 19. The Promoter as well as its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with the prize or use of the prize. This excludes any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- 20. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, and/or if necessary to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes, subject to any written directions under applicable State or Territory legislation.
- 21. If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part that part shall be severed from the remainder of the provisions and the validity of the other provisions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- 22. The Promoter collects entrants' personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information and approved images (photograph and/or film recording), or disclose it to other organizations that may use it, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant.
- 23. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Australia and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.
- 24. Authorised under Permit numbers: ACT: 15/07897 NSW: 15/08387
Social Media Policy
These terms and conditions govern our relationship with users and others who interact with Jo Mercer via social media including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
Jo Mercer is active on social media, allowing us to connect with our customers. We are open to and encourage conversations about our brand, our product and in-store experiences. Whilst we are always open to feedback via our social media channels, positive or negative, there are some guidelines in place users should remember.
Jo Mercer Social Media is monitored between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday (AEST) with extended hours as believed necessary.
Jo Mercer has a wide range of users and it is important that our page is inclusive and respectful to all those engaged. We do our best to keep social content safe and suitable for all users, but we cannot guarantee it. As such, we require that all users:
Be respectful, and consider other points of view when posting. Users must not post content or links to content that could be considered offensive, defamatory, obscene, sexist, racist, threatening, use inappropriate language (swearing) or content that is otherwise not appropriate for an audience of all ages.
Not engage in any bullying, intimidation, or harassment conduct against any user using Jo Mercer’s social media channels
Not post any of your own or anyone elses personal information. While your privacy is important to us, please remember that anything you post is public unless you restrict your privacy settings via the social media platform in use (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
Do not spam or try and advertise on our page.
Follow the relevant social media platform rules and regulations for use of their sites.
All feedback (either positive or negative) is helpful to Jo Mercer and we encourage all our users to interact with us and our brand. We will do our best to respond directly to as many posts as possible where a response is required.